Individual Membership VS Hospital Membership - Which one is right for you?
Whether you obtain an individual or hospital membership, the benefits to each veterinarian are the same. The hospital membership simply allows hospitals to sign up all veterinarians in the practice at a group discount rate. Hospital membership is a great way to ensure that every veterinarian in the practice has access to the latest veterinary news and research. It’s also an affordable extra benefit that the practice can offer to prospective associates.
Additional Hospital Membership Benefits:
- Additional discounts on DVM and non-DVM registrations to conferences, webinars, and Traveling CE.
- A digital practice handbook that will include regulations, laws, & other vital information in one convenient location.
- Webinars on topics such as communication, practice management, & business.
What if a veterinarian leaves or joins the practice during the year?
- If a veterinarian who is registered as a member of the GVMA as part of a Hospital membership leaves the hospital during the course of the membership year, that veterinarian remains a member for the duration of the membership year.
- Should a hospital hire an additional veterinarian, the GVMA should be contacted as soon as possible in order to acquire membership for this new doctor. If not added to the hospitals' membership, this doctor will not receive GVMA member benefits.
- It is the responsibility of the hospital to ensure that the involved veterinarians update membership information with the GVMA so that the membership roles of the GVMA reflect the accurate number of doctors under their hospital membership. The GVMA will only be able to enroll individuals of a hospital for which a membership has been paid for.
What if I prefer an individual membership?
Obtaining a Hospital membership is completely optional and you may still choose to join the GVMA as an individual.
What about The Georgia Veterinarian, accessing member services, etc.?
Every veterinarian in a member hospital will receive their own copy of The Georgia Veterinarian magazine, and have access to all of the services offered to individual members.
How do I apply for a Hospital membership?
You may complete the online application or download the membership form here.
If you apply online you will be required to choose a membership type. Please select "Hospital" and click next. You will be asked to select the number of veterinarians in your clinic, which will determine you membership fee total. During application you will also be asked to create profiles for each member of your staff that you wish to receive GVMA benefits. Be sure to create profiles for each of your team members so that they can receive discounts on LEAP CE and other continuing education opportunities!
Instructions for adding additional veterinarians will be provided upon establishing the initial hospital account.
As we are experiencing issues with our online form, please contact our office to join!
What if I have questions about GVMA Hospital Membership?
If you have any questions about this new membership option, please contact the GVMA office by phone at (678) 309-9800 or 1-800-853-1625 (toll free), or by email at email@example.com.