Report a Disease
- suspicious disease conditions including, but not limited to, any vesicular disease, mucosal disease, abortion storms in livestock of unknown etiology, undiagnosed bovine central nervous system conditions, unusual number of acute deaths in livestock, unusual flies, mites or ticks in animals, or any apparently highly infectious or contagious animal condition of unknown etiology.
- laboratory confirmation of any unusual presentation, unexplained increase in number of cases, or unusual trend of botulism*, aflatoxin or T2 toxin that is suspected to be caused by bioterrorism or may pose a substantial threat of harm to Georgia Animal Industries.
- Any evidence or suspicion of bioterrorism, including the intentional use of any microorganism, virus, infectious substance, or any component, whether naturally occurring or bioengineered, to cause disease, illness, death, or other biological malfunction in an animal.
What to Report
- Disease or condition
- Animal species, breed, age, & sex
- How many affected
- Clinical signs
- Known history
- Animal location
- Owner name, address, & phone
- Name, address, & phone of person reporting
- Name, address & phone of kennel, pet shop, aviary, shelter, stable, farm or sale barn where animal was obtained
Where to Call
1. Georgia Department of Agriculture
404-656-3667 or 800-282-5852
or click here to complete the form
2. US Department of Agriculture
Who Must Report
All Georgia veterinarians, laboratories, veterinary care workers, persons associated with any livestock farm, ranch, sales establishment, transportation, slaughter facility or person association with licensed animal protection facility are required by law to report animal diseases and conditions.