13 Dec Update on Intent to Dispense Form
NEWS FROM THE STATE BOARD OF VETERINARY MEDICINE 12/12 MEETING—INTENT TO DISPENSE FORM
GVMA President Dr. Mike Zager and several members of the GVMA Board of Directors and concerned veterinarians attended the Wednesday meeting of the State Board of Veterinary Medicine.
- The State Board conveyed that they were asked by the Pharmacy Board to gather information for them via the Intent to Dispense form and will be turning that information over to them.
- They clarified that a DEA license is NOT a condition for licensure. However, you must fill out the Intent to Dispense Form to gain your renewal if you are dispensing drugs.
- If you do not have a DEA license but are dispensing drugs, you should put “none” in the place where it asks for your DEA license number—you may also asterisk this and say that you dispense under the clinic’s or Practice Owner’s DEA license.
The State Board also said that no licenses are being withheld based on the form but there are 3 common reasons why licenses are not being quickly renewed:
- You must include the letters in front of your license number (as your license number appears on the Secretary of State’s website), not just the numbers.
- You must answer the question about where records are being maintained.
- You cannot use an “electronic” signature—it must be your actual signature.
IF YOU HAVE FURTHER QUESTIONS REGARDING THE INTENT TO DISPENSE FORM OR YOUR LICENSE RENEWAL, PLEASE CONTACT THE STATE BOARD DIRECTLY AT 478-207-2440.