04 Jan Why You Need to Attend the One Health Symposium
by Dr. Wendy Cuevas, BS, BVSc, MPH, DACVPM , GVMA Director of Veterinary Services
Happy New Year Veterinarians and welcome to 2019!
The GVMA and University of Georgia-College of Veterinary Medicine invite you to the first annual One Health Symposium; January 31 – February 1, 2019.
We just finished a renewal year and many of you don’t want to think about CE right now.
But, this One Health meeting will be talking about issues you deal with every day as a veterinarian and health professional.
We will explore the roles of health care and veterinary professionals and address these public health challenges.
Here are some good reasons to attend:
- Bringing together vets and health professionals to show commonalities
- Working together for the common good of animal health, public health, global health
- Really cool topics- opioid crisis, rabies, psittacosis, antimicrobial resistance, salmonella, environmental contaminants and wildlife
- Great speakers
- Located in the Great city of Athens
- Get a head start on LEAP and CE
- Discuss issues affecting humans and animals