11 Jan Veterinarians’ Day at the Capitol 2019:
Legislative Day Is Almost Here!
Wednesday, January 30, 2019
8AM – 3PM
Check-in, registration and breakfast begin at 7:30AM
Georgia Railroad Freight Depot
65 Martin Luther King, Jr. Dr.
Atlanta, GA 30303
Why you should attend:
- 5 hours of FREE CE for GVMA Members, including 2 hours of LEAP!
- Free breakfast and lunch
- Learn the important role veterinarians can play in shaping public policy
- Interact with state elected and government officials and see the Georgia Assembly in action
- Presentations from elected officials – past speakers have included the Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Speaker of the House, Secretary of State, Commissioner of Agriculture, and many prominent Senators and Representatives.
- Visit to the capitol and legislative chambers
- Examination of legislative issues that affect veterinarians such as compounding legislation, the veterinary practice act and more
Please invite your legislator to attend the lunch. It’s convenient and free – why wouldn’t they want to attend? Plus, this is your chance to introduce your legislator to veterinary medicine.
This event is sponsored by the GVMA Advocacy Committee at no cost to members. Non-members are asked a fee of $250.