02 Aug Energize Practice Owners Conference: Speaker Spotlight – Dr. Duffy Jones
Energize Practice Owners & Young Professionals Conferences
AUG 23 – 25 • Great Wolf Lodge • 13 CE HOURS
Practice Owners Conference: Practice Optimization
Dr. Duffy Jones, DVM
- What is EBITDA and Why Does It Matter?
- What are the Main Things that Go into EBITDA?
- How to Specifically Optimize Direct Costs (how much are you charging for drugs vs. what you are selling them for, lab pricing, in house vs. outside lab, bundling charges)
- DVM Compensation (are you under- or over-staffed? How can you leverage your technicians?)
- Develop a take home plan to help you better manage your income statement and create quarterly key performance indicator (KPI) report
Great Wolf Lodge
150 Tom Hall Parkway
LaGrange, GA 30240
Two Conferences, One Place, Same Time!
A Schedule that Promises Time for Fun & Relaxation with Family/Friends (and New Friends)
Practice Owners Conference
GVMA Hospital Members: $225
State VMA Individual Members: $395
Non State VMA Members: $495
Young Professionals Conference
GVMA Hospital Members: $175
State VMA Individual Members: $295
Non State VMA Members: $395
About Dr. Duffy Jones:
Dr. M. Duffy Jones, DVM completed his Bachelor of Science degree in biology at the University of Notre Dame and obtained his Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine at Tufts School of Veterinary Medicine. He then completed an internship at Georgia Veterinary Specialist in 2000. In 2005, he founded Peachtree Hills Animal Hospital located in Atlanta, Georgia. Dr. Jones is a past president and the current treasurer of the GVMA. He is the co-author of The Business Side of Veterinary Medicine: What Veterinary Schools Do Not Teach You, published in 2017. Dr. Jones founded dvmSuccess in 2019 with a vision of applying his expertise, diverse experience and 21st century technology to the task of upgrading the practice financial advisory service and related services that serve the veterinary market.